Sunday, February 7, 2010

How it begins!

I moved to Tulsa last year just before the Tulsa Tough road rides. I blame my wife, as her friends are road riders. I came from Oregon where there are plenty of great fat tire trails to ride, sans cars. Well, our friends threw down the gauntlet so to speak and challenged me to ride in the 2010 Tulsa Tough ride.

Being a mountain bike person the thought of a road bike is appalling. After much studying I came to the conclusion that I would compromise the two worlds and go with a 29er, which much to its disdain will spend to many miles on pavement.

This blog will log the misadventures of my trusty 29er (a 2010 Gary Fisher Cobia) and I. Stay tuned for how a fat tire guy survives (and hopefully occasionally embarrasses a roadie) the tarmac world of distance rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment